Cassie’s practice primarily involves evaluating and addressing estate, gift, and income tax exposure, addressing probate concerns, and planning for disability, blended families, minor children, spendthrift beneficiaries, creditor exposure, and special needs beneficiaries. She works with clients to achieve an estate plan that is tailored to their individual needs and goals while reducing or eliminating unnecessary expenses, taxes, and administrative burdens.
Cassie has extensive experience with estate/trust administration, probate administration, and beneficiary representation. Fiduciary appointments, in which she is appointed as executor or trustee, are accepted on a limited basis.
Additionally, Cassie assists business owners with a variety of business planning needs, including the formation, acquisition, operation, and disposition of their business.
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio, J.D.
- University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, B.A., Political Science
- Bar Admissions: Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia
- Pro Bono Service Honor Roll Member, Virginia Access to Justice Commission of the Supreme Court of Virginia
- Virginia Business Magazine’s Legal Elite for Taxes/Estates/Trusts/Elder Law
- Top Lawyers, Northern Virginia Magazine
- Legal Assistance Distinguished Service Award, American Bar Association Standing Committee on Legal Assistance for Military Personnel, for contributions in connection with the September 11th Pro Bono Legal Relief Project
- Northern Virginia Estate Planning Council
- American Bar Association, Section on Real Property, Probate and Trusts
- Virginia State Bar, Sections on Taxation and Trusts & Estates
- Maryland State Bar Association, Section on Estate and Trust Law
- District of Columbia Bar, Section on Estates, Trusts and Probate Law